How a cancer diagnosis can impact the world of work
In this episode, Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson are joined by Dr Mark Harvey to discuss how best to support employees with cancer. Receiving a diagnosis is a challenge faced by hundreds of thousands of working-age people each year, and the right support from an employer both during and after treatment can be crucial. We look at the key considerations for employers, including:
- The changing outlook for employees with cancer
- How employers should react to an employee disclosing a cancer diagnosis
- Post-diagnosis pathways for employees with cancer
- The role of occupational health in facilitating workplace adjustments
- Managing the transition back in to work for employees post-cancer
Talking Work and Health is brought to you by Health Management, a Maximus UK company.
Hosted by Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson. With Dr Mark Harvey.